Roxio

T

tonyberry

i need some help as well. i did a test to see where the problem was. i have been running xp pro as an oem before it came out to the public. since then i was just using my laptop internal cdr and everything was ok. i did DL the "b" update and install that to fix direct cd not knowing my cdr drive. now heres my lap stats

Compaq Presario 1800US
PIII 900MHz
198MB RAM
30GB HD Internal
16MB ATI Rage Mobility 3D
Combo----24X/4x4/12xDVD internal
Floppy Drive
Internal 10/100
Belkin PCMCIA FireWire Card
Que 16x10x40 External FireWire Drive
80GB External 7200rpm FireWire Drive

Now since i got the que drive i have been making more coasters then cd's. It works kinda when it wants to for as long as it wants to. i cn make 4 good cd's then 3 coasters. I found restarting and taking a lot of junk out of the systray helped through msconfig.

i got fed up and i went back to what the lap had on it from the factory. WinME.......... I have ME and had more problems with crashing when i ran that.

anyway........ tats another story.......i loaded up me to test out easy cd creator 5 plat. I loaded as i did before on xp...........NO PROBLEMS FOR ABOUT 50 cds.............

I burned 50 cds and had not one problem.........

I instaled winxp and started burning coasters

i went to the site and DLed all the new drivers and updates
installed like the site said to.........

I stll make coaster. Maybee not as bad as before but i am still PISSED OFF!

Can any body tell me if they had the same prob........... or give me a step by step on how they got theirs to work

Thanks

Tony Berry
MKII STUDIOS

ECDC 5

I can't make ECDC Platinum work in XP with all the %#$@&% patches. Switched to Nero 5.572 and works PERFECT in XP.

here you go works for me EVERYTIME if you do it exactly right....
1. uninstall any easycd prog you have
2. install the aspi driver
3. install 5.0 DO NOT REBOOT
4. install the 5.02d update(download it first) DO NOT REBOOTDO NOT REBOOT
5. install the xp patch...then you can reboot...and enjoy

ps if you go to roxio for the update you have to register just give them some bs to make them happy mine is Fred Flinstone and you can reach me at webmaster@aol.com

what is this ASPI driver
thats SCSI

where do i find it?

Thanks for all your help

tony

i think you can find it on the home page here under downloads.

is Nero 5.572 a ull prog with an update?

i cant find it on morpheus

i found

LOL, Well instead of going to morpheus try downloading it from the manufacturer that might help ;)

IT'S just the update from roxio they have a-d "d" being the most up to date...last I checked...whats morpheus?;)

lol just kidding just have to becareful mentioning warez on forums getcha kicked off:D

no prob.........
its not warez..

cnet lets it be downloaded and also
it for anykind of thnig
not warez

;)

most people hear downloaded their devil's own from the net like morpeus,kaaza,bearshare....did they pay for it then it is pirated but yes you can get them from morpheus I do alot of warez shopping from those sites.not trying to flame you but just gotta becareful what you post...you know no serialz, url of warez site and the such...
but off the subject is easycd working now

nope....still the same prob
got the ver you said off neros site
burned 3cds in a row

what is wierd is that i had no prob with ecdc 5 plat on winME
i am a 13year computer network tech and i can't figure it out

anyhoo thanks for the heads up

i will post my findings here in a day or sao after i have broke in nero

thanks again!

:)

the update was for easycd 5.0 not for the nero5.x.x.x your are talking about easycd right not nero because those instructions were for easycd

right

i did the update thing again on ecdc 5 plat

i just scraped it for now and went with nero

ok understand:D didn't want you to f-up your xp...I use nero also but like direct cd in easycd and the music shit..also use clone cd for copying cds

Hmmm,
why not install microsofts patch which fixes problems with creating coasters in XP?
I've attached it here for you - this is the one released yesterday(or within a day or 2)
Its 274K zipped up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back