Roxio

J

JayCool

Anyone get Roxio Plat 5 to work w/ XP? (I know Nero works, but I really like Roxio, and i have already downloaded all of the patches to no avail).

just look around the forums, there is a specific order to getting roxio to work....it's like hopscotch..just use nero, it's faster and does more :)

chances of getting roxio working on XP : 1 in a million... yes for real m8 ;)

MdSalih - Off to sleep...

I had no problem getting Roxio 5 Plat to work. I just followed the directions on Roxio's website and it was up and running immediately.

that's the one.

you won't find another one, before 1 000 001.

The Roxio.jpg

The debil made me do it :eek:

I haven't much experience with Roxio but I love the features and ease of use of the Roxio Easy CD Creator. I installed the Platinum version into Windows XP with no problems. After installation Windows told me that the Direct CD driver was not compatible with Windows XP and presented me with a window. I think I clicked "more information" and it sent me directly to the Roxio website where they told me to download two patches: one to update it to the newest version (5.02) and one to make it XP compatible, including instructions.
The whole process took no longer than 2 minutes and 3 for the install. 5 mins max.

Anyways, choose whatever software you like best, but for those of you who like Easy CD Creator, follow the instructions and you'll be running it in no time at all.
Note: Roxio 'Take Two' Program is not compatible with windows xp.

Patrick

Listen to the man !!!!!!

Originally posted by Highwind7777
roflroflrofl
I love that....but honestly, the best solution the roxio problems is www.nero.com

DITTO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously.......loose the gotta- have unadaptac gooey thangy,
I know,its looks all "pretty" and all that, but its its basically just a tyco toy.........
d/l nero....read the online tutorial and you'll never even think about using that piece of crap cdr software from roxio.
The best part??? never another coaster and nero burns anything.

works for me everytime I use both depending on what I'm burning...but this is how you install since that is all you're asking for...
install the aspi driver....download the "d" update...and the xp patch...then install the prog...but DO NOT REBOOT....then install the update again DO NOT REBOOT...then install the xp patch and enjoy...works everytime for me

I just think some people get over anxious and just want the damn thing to work and not researching it to see if it is compliant....I'm in the same category installed laplink gold and fu@#ed my pc good..now using laplink gold v11.0 and pcanywhere 10.5...so if I would have just read save some time reformatting:eek:

Works fine for me

Well, just to throw in my experience, I ordered the software and the next day I saw many posts about difficulties people have had. I was worried that I might be in for troubles, but the software arrived today and I installed it and it works just fine for me. I followed the directions on the Roxio site:

(Instructions for a new installation - what I did)
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/ecdc/ecdc_software_updatesv5xp_in.html

(Instructions for upgrades to XP from other OS's)
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/xpup.jhtml#nt2000

Unlike other posts in this thread, I rebooted according to the directions, and all was fine. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back