Roxio ECDC 5 Upgrade?

D

Dick Johnson

Roxio has a new upgrade for their ECDC 5 Plat software, version 5.3.1.154 available. Please be careful with this one, it has a major bug. I downloaded it over the weekend and it locked up XP's system. It used to take about 5 seconds after selecting make a "Data CD" for the intializing engine to open the selection of your computer to select where the files to burn were located. With this "upgrade" this time went to 10-12 minutes and I couldn't even open Ctrl+Alt+Delete to stop the program until it had a few beers. I also had the exact same results with NT and W2000 on seperate scsi hard drives booted seperately. So it's not my operating system but a flaw in the upgrade. You can't just remove this version, must remove entire ECDC program and start over, which is a real pain in the ass with XP. I found that all other recording software must also be removed, since ECDC 5 has to be the first installed or problems exist with using the other burn programs.
Luck has it that I keep a spare scsi hard drive on the shelf without this "Upgrade" and using "Drive Image" restored all systems. Just be careful with this upgrade. If ECDC is working OK, leave it ALONE!!!!

yeah.....that´s right.......i notticed that when Burning a music cd, and Easy Cd creator finished, i couldn´t make my PC to eject my burned cd.......so like Dick Johnson, i had to unistall all having to do with easy cd and direct cd....and install it again....of course i had every other updates installed before the v 5.3.1.154, wich this time i didn´t install it.....and my system working perfect....better luck next update, this dedicated to Roxio, of course.......

Hey i've had this update for awhile and never had this problem.

It might have to do with me running home edition and that I have installed SP1.

ECDC

This happened on XP Pro with Service Pack 1 installed. I even tested it on a backup XP drive without SP1 installed with the same results. Your guess what's wrong?

I tried easy Cd Creator today...it sucks.
Nero is the only solution.after I finished installing ECDC5, Win XP said that this program is not stable bla blla and yes it was..even it didn't find my new CD-RW!

Hold on: I didn't say that ECDC 5 Plat sucks. It's a good program, but bloated. Ir has the best interface of all. The best part for me is "Spin Doctor" since I make many audio CD's from old Reel to Reel tapes and OLD LP's. The problem with ECDC is that in NT-W2K-XP it MUST be installed FIRST before any other burning software. I learned this the hard way. After installing ECDC 5 Plat and all of the updates (except 5.3.1.154) I then load Nero, Clone CD, WinCDR, Click'n'Burn, Musicmatch Pro. This way they all have there purpose and operate correctly. If I only had Nero, I could survive, but would still need "Sound Capture" for LP's and Tapes. When software works, everyone loves it; when it breaks (maybe operator error) nobody like it! There is enough burn software out there, including free ones, that everybody should be happy.

You can't run roxio & nero together. That's what the author of nero says anyway. If you try to install nero after roxio it gives you a warning, well at least it did not long ago. It is best to pick one & go with it. Roxio does not give me any grief.

Of course Nero & ECDC wont work together,, kinda dumb installing them both in 1st place, IMO. No offense, but use some common sense!

There must be a lot of dumb people here then because quite a few run both roxio & nero. Why I don't know. Maybe that's why they have so many problems.

Nero gives the warning if you try to install it after roxio. Does roxio give the same warning?

I'm not going to say that having both Easy Cd and Nero installed on the same system is good or bad. What I will say is I never got a message from Nero when I went to install it after I had Easy Cd installed and they both work fine.

Who knows they might have fixed the problem then. Last time I tried it was a few months ago & both apps have been updated again & again.
I might try & see what happens this time . Maybe

I won't be getting rid of it. I find it a lot easier to use than nero. I need nero for one thing. But I have not needed it for quite some time now. :confused:

know what u mean Hipster, I seemed to get lots of coasters from Nero ..non with EasyCD. Also had issues with CDs not being read properly on other PCs with Nero.

Roxio, aka Adaptec, have been around much longer than Nero, they have the know-how alright.

just for the record....i have installed Easy CD Creator Platinum (with no 5.3.1.4 patch) and Nero in the same computer, with no problems between them......even i have Clone CD.......i like those program for a specific purpose, Easy for Music and the directcd, Nero for Psx and PSx2, and Nero for those cd´s that i have had problems burning with CloneCD......and each interfase of them is cool........just fot those that say that they Can´t be installed together......and that they don´t see the purpose of that, even call people Dumb.....that´s not fair, cause i´m not dumb and donpt have any other problems with them.....period

there´s a new updated version.....even though is almost writen the same......except for a SP4 version........and even better, works with no problems like before

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back