Roxio easy cd

K

kevin gould

I have easy cd creator and a philip cdd3610. I have gone through all the Roxio updates to make this work with XP Pro but now get the error that Roxio Direct CD Kernel is already being used.

I have also noticed that green CD light flashes on and off with the hard drive.

Cannot find any way to update the CDD3610.

If all else fails I will use Nero, its just that I like easy cd.

Help, suggestions, ideas ??

What version of the software are you using? you may need to re-install the OS (as I did) if you intend on using Nero as Easy CD Creator has a nasty habbit of destroying your ASPI drivers (re-intalling the Apspi drivers does not help) and generally cause all sorts of issues under XP - you may even find that after un-intalling Easy CD that you CD roms dissapear.

Try un-installing Easy CD - re-intall it without the Direct CD option - do all the up-dates - then install the lates Direct CD.

Personally I like Easy CD's ease of use - but found Nero not only more reliable, but also makes perfect Mp3 to Audio CD's :)

Cannot really offer any help with roxio, as my drive isn't supported by it right now (unless that's changed recently), however, I had a Philips 24x12x40x a few months back, lasted a month before going crazy on me, so I updated the firmware that I found off a website, the firmware was still linked to Philips site at the time, but the firmware killed my drive all the way, although firmware upgrades void warranty I called them up anyways to find out why they had that shat firmware up there, they said it shouldn't have been, as it was *removed* a couple months previous to the call.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/firmware/cdr/cdrf.htm

Look under Rare CDR Firmware

there's 2 versions, hopefully there's a newer one than what you're currently running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back