Router won't install

cat826237

OSNN Addict
Bought a new Belkin router. Had a Netgear that worked for couple of years, then seemed to overheat? and quit working. Can't get the new router to communicate with the cable modem. Support from Belkin say I have a firewall that won't allow contact, but I turned Zone Alarm off and made sure the windows firewall was off also. Any ideas? THANKS

power cycle the cable modem after plugging in the new router. Works for my cable modem.

ye like lord says always make sure your modem is powered up before the router

Also make sure all the LEDs go off for your modem. Some have a battery that you will need to pull out in addition to pulling the AC power. Only then will it truly reset.

You could also try spoofing the MAC address if that doesn't work, but a hard reset of your modem should negate needing to do that.

Looks like they will be sending me another router. Tried to set up on another computer and it still would not work, same message "unable to connect with the modem".
After talking with the 3rd tech support person, he asked for my address and said they would send one to me. As best I could understand him, I don't think they want me to return the defective one. Can't imagine that!!!

Looks like they will be sending me another router. Tried to set up on another computer and it still would not work, same message "unable to connect with the modem".
After talking with the 3rd tech support person, he asked for my address and said they would send one to me. As best I could understand him, I don't think they want me to return the defective one. Can't imagine that!!!

It's not cost efficient for them to take the old kit back. Woohoo, you have spares :laugh:

Nah, couldn't do that to anyone. I spent many agrivating minutes talking to 3 different people that couldn't understand me.(Hillbilly) And I dern sure couldn't understand them (Non-Hillbilly)! Spare parts it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back