Router Setup with Cable Internet

Goatman

Ska Daddy
I just got Cable internet, and I would like to know how I can get it running with my D-Link Router. what settings should I use and what not?? I know they use a protocol called DHCP. The guy that came to install it installed it on one machine already... but I want it in the router... not that machine. thanx in advance.

1.) well first your gonna make sure you have a NIC(lan card) in your other PC that you want to have internet access.
2.) Your gonna want to plug your router in where you want it set up. and decide how much CAT-5 cable your going to need.(the cord they used to connect your modem to your NIC.
3.) Then your going to want to unplug the CAT-5 from your pc and insert it into the router where it says WAN(wide are network).
4.) Then with another CAT-5 cable insert that into one of your other ports (looks like NIC jacks) then insert the other end of the cable into your pc.
Depending on the ease of your router if you follow setps 4 with your other PC you should be okay. Let me know if you can get online after you have done this.

and we(peopel of xp-erience) will troubleshoot or configure your router for optimal performance and saftey.:D

Hmmm......who makes it so I can get a look at what this sucka looks like?!!

edit= nevermind, I found it / sorry being lazy!

do you at least have it hooked up. or is there an issue there. becouse from what I see, it's not USB from what I can see. And if you do have everything hooked up try powering everything down, PC, Modem , and Router so they can release the IP and bring up a new IP for Router and so that your PC picks up the Routers assigned IP

ahhh.....I'm not sure how you get into your set up for this router but make sure the PoPPe*(not sure on the spelling) is not set up or else it wont work.

You said you had DSL so I take it you know what your gonna do with the rest...config. if you need any mo help let me know...:cool:

well.. I never had it set up all that well... if you have any pointers you could give me it would be helpful :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back