Router question?

Eagle710

OSNN Senior Addict
How would i copy an IOS image from the flash of the router to a tftp server on a 2600 series router?

i try this

Router#copy flash tftp
^ This guy is under the flash option
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Last edited:
Its possible that you have space between flash and tftp or after . Try it again with out hitting space bar after tftp.

also try using the command completion by hitting tab .

ex:/ copy [tab] f[tab]

if that doesn't work try to use the help feature

ex:/ copy ?
should give you a list of commands you can use in privilege mode

Actually yeah i noticed that the copy command doesnt allow for the copy FLASH tftp .... it doesnt allow for the FLASH part but the CISCO lab says to do that way....????

i logged into an older 1800 seriers router and copy flash tftp will do the trick on that series, so it sounds like your doing it correctly.

Yeah i was trying it from a 2600 series so i will try a low grade 1700 series router for the heck of it.... maybe the labs are outdated... thanx ill let you know

Another router question... im using Packet tracer and i configured a little network from one host machine i open up the browser and put the ip of the interface on the router and it doesn't load anything any reason?

Another router question... im using Packet tracer and i configured a little network from one host machine i open up the browser and put the ip of the interface on the router and it doesn't load anything any reason?

does this router support gui?

Whats the Cisco Router command to enable the Web browser to display settings on the router????

from the config terminal
Code:
ip http server

edit: assuming the router supports it

What does a configuration register setting of 0x2102 indicate on a router?

It tells the router to locate and load the IOS from NVRAM.
It tells the router to locate and load the IOS from FLASH.
It tells the router to bypass the configuration in NVRAM. *
It tells the router to look in the startup configuration for boot system
commands.

is the question above correct if the answer(*) is what it states???

I am confused by the meanings of each of these settings interm to Cisco Routers.... someone wanna explain it please.

What does a configuration register setting of 0x2102 indicate on a router?

It tells the router to locate and load the IOS from NVRAM.
It tells the router to locate and load the IOS from FLASH.
It tells the router to bypass the configuration in NVRAM. *
It tells the router to look in the startup configuration for boot system
commands.

is the question above correct if the answer(*) is what it states???

I am confused by the meanings of each of these settings interm to Cisco Routers.... someone wanna explain it please.

0x2102 is the defaults. It says that the router should boot from flash. You change the register to change how the router boots. For the most part you dont change this unless you need to do a password recovery or something else happens that is not good. :)

So this really how the router will load the IOS??? Nothing to do with the CONFIG FILE?

So this really how the router will load the IOS??? Nothing to do with the CONFIG FILE?

right
it is really how it boots. When you do a password recovery you boot into rommon then change the register to boot the device and bypass the config file.

OK i always thought it had something to do with the config file

so 0xabc0 --> use ROMmon mode
0xabc1--> first IOS image in flash use
0xabc2->0xabcF --> examines flash for image and boots into config??? so that means 0x2142 is in this category?

ACL for cisco routers??? Stumped on this ascenario.

Internet (network 192.168.25.0/24) should be block any ICMP echo packets into the internetwork basically blocking a Ping of Death Attack

Also Stop the "directed broadcast", stop all IP packets from entering the internetwork addressed to the directed broadcast address.

access-list 101 deny tcp any 192.168.25.x eg icmp
access-list 101 permit ip any any
(x = ip address of that interface that connects to the .25 subnet.)

Its been a while but this SHOULD work. But you may need to modify it if i made an error. You also have to apply this ACL on the IN bound port via "access-group 100 in" command on the interface that connects to the internet.

What this will do is block any address with a sorce fo 25.x using the icmp protocol. The permit any is there becasuse all ACLs have a explicit deny any at the end of them unless otherwise specifiied. Remember to save config BEFORE editing.

Is this correct in terms of Router methods?
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]How IOS is located and loaded
Uses Boot system commands
Flash, TFTP, ROM

[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]How the router locates conf. files
Uses settings set by config-register
NVRAM, TFTP, Console

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back