router question

kazuma.x

OSNN Newbie
I want to know how would you go about setting up a router behind a computer that i want to stay connected directly to the modem. ie modem to computer then computer to router so my other computers can be secured, reason is a program i am using is not working right behind the router even with all ports open.

thanks for any help

What is the program that won't work? Perhaps there is a way to resolve that as well.

You would need to put a second network card into your PC, then have the Cable modem go to one card and an ethernet cable from the second card to the router, with a little more detail involved in the setup.

May be easier for you to try and get the program to work.

You need to network adapters as stated above one you hook up to the modem and will have internet just let it use automatic DNS and IP .

The one you use to hook to the router you give it an IP and SUBNET MASK manually so that it runs inside the LAN but use no DNS or Gateway so that it does not go to the internet

try putting the computer in a DMZ, this will put the pc infront of your rotuers firewall.

how would i set it up to allow the other computers to have access to the internet, modem --> main comp --> router --> other comps. still able to access the internet?? still having trouble trying to figure this out...

Ok this is really straight forward, check out this site to set up your router, it will also give you instructions on how to push the machine out the DMZ. This should get that proggie running.
http://www.portforward.com/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back