Router Problem

Bedri

OSNN Newbie
I got connected to the phone company Vonage and they sented me a new router its a linksys RTP 300 now i cant access the admin page were i can forward my ports this router has no software it comes like this and in the booklet it gives me the pass and username when i try to log in it tells me the username and pass are wrong i holded the restart button in the back for like 10 sec until it restarted the router i trie login in again it still gave the same problem and i keep geting this message from the Event viewer saying this

Code:
 TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.
and this one

Code:
 The IP address lease 192.168.*.* for the Network Card with network address ******** has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.*.* (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).
and how can u actimate when u type in CMD ipconfig /all were it says IP ROUTING ENABLED.........No how can u make it into a yes

And my last router because of this problems destoyed my modem i had to get a new one

thanx for the help

Was the router pre-configured by Vonage? If so, I would advise contacting their tech support and get them to sort it out. Part of your bill usually goes towards this, so you might as well use it ^_^

I agree with yolooze. you could mabye leave your old router hooked up and plug the vonage router into it.

madmatt said:
This is a security setting in Windows XP (SP2+). The only way to fix it is to edit the TCPIP.SYS file.

http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497
While that may fix it, it's more of a hack than a fix. This feature was implemented in XP SP2 by design, as a security measure to try and reduce the damage virii and malware/spyware can perform on a network.

I have had good luck with running WinsockXPFix on machines that have had this error, and it has since gone away :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back