router problem

randmdavis

OSNN Junior Addict
can anyone tell me how to unblock an internet connection to a single computer that was blocked on an inhouse network by the previous computer repairman? the system has a linksys router. this computer has the internet blocked at any network outlet you connect it to throughout the network system. if other computers are put on the same connection the internet will work. i'm trying to figure out if the problem is a setting made in the individual computer or could be set at the router itself. if it is set at the router to block that computer how do you get to the settings for this particular router? this was set in the past to block this one computer on our network so i know it was done intentionally.

You must be talking about the DMZ Zone in a linksys router. It is basically a passthrough for one computer throught the router while the others are behind the router? Is that what you mean?

Heeter

router

no not the dmz i'm familiar with that. is there a way to get to the router settings for a linksys router from your browser. i have a router on my home computer and i enter an address and it puts me in all the router settings but i dont know what it would be for this type of router.

You might PM a mod and ask them to move this thread to networking... you'd probably get more help there. :)

Linksys routers do have an admin config that can be reached through the browser. I believe that it's 192.168.1.1, so you might give that a try.

Edit: j79zlr you beat me to it! ;)

yeah use 192.168.1.1 default username is Admin default password is Admin ;)

from what i understand the network works, but it was setup to block da net from specific pc's? on my linksys router i would use:

http://192.168.1.1/Internet_Access.htm

can block a specific i.p/mac address from using the internet, i bet thats what the repair guy did :cool:

quick screenshot of a blank restriction. i think you will find the pc in question is listed with deny all next to it :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 74
sounds like the MAC address is being denied access.

PseudoKiller said:
sounds like the MAC address is being denied access.
Sounds like it, but I haven't seen anywhere that I can make a MAC address entry for machines that are connected through cable. I think MAC address entries can only be made for wireless connections for added security.

no you can restrict MAC addresses in a linksys router for both wired and wireless.... Depends on what type of router but you can also restrict the times a computer on a network can have internet access.

that is what i said :p linksys can deny internet acces via mac address as well as i.p ;) look in my 1st screenshot, when ya click gthe add pc button you get this:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 65
Henyman said:
that is what i said :p linksys can deny internet acces via mac address as well as i.p ;)
yeah but no one wants to listen to a m00 b0y ;) :D

all he has to do is change the deny all to alow all for the computer in question :p

PseudoKiller said:
yeah but no one wants to listen to a m00 b0y ;) :D
Well, we can tell coz he n his fwends have been flattened (looks at his pic). :p

Thanx Heny. Just noticed the MAC for all connections there.

EDIT: Sorry mate, you're not getting any point for this help. Getting back at your from abusing me back in Jan. hehe ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back