router / internet SLOW down. . .

pjchappy

OSNN Addict
Well,

I have a Linksys wireless router. . .

Until recently, everything was fine and fast. ..

Now, webpages load VERY slowly. . .the other computer that is directly connected to the router (non-wireless) is still FAST.

So, what would cause the slow down for the wireless connection?
Even the router's webpage loads slowly. ..

and the signal strength of the wireless card is still high. . .

and this slowdown occurs even when the wireless connection is the only one using the net. . .

ANY ideas. . .it is very frustrating. ...

thanks!

p

Is it slow when you transfer files between the computers or is it only slow for web surfing?

slow

well, i don't transfer any files b/w computers. . . but, as i mentioned, the router's internal set-up / webpage loads SLOWLY on the wireless PC. . . so, that would likely mean files would go slow, too. . .

p

Yes, exactly why I asked. But just to make sure it would be nice to know. Try transfering a file or to. Shouldn't be hard to set up (most of the time! ;)).

Have you changed any settings in the wireless network lately? Encryption or anything?

im having the same problem i though it was just my os cuz its been awhile since i reinstalled but after i did its still slow and it really sucks id like to know how to fix this

lol well all i did was reset the setting on the router and BAM! it fixed it so nevermind

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back