Router -> Hub networking problem

D

Diluted

I own an Asus AAM6000EV adsl router and me and a mate have desperatly been trying to network my adsl from my router to a hub to each of our PC's.

The bottom line is, it doesnt work - at all.

I've talked to my IT friend and he doesnt know the problem. His only explanation was that the hub could be faulty.

This particular model of router doesnt have the hub/pc switch on the back but in the manual it says that if you want to use a crossover cable to link your router to a hub switch it to pc. This doesnt matter all that much because I've tried everything. I have both crossover and standard Ethernet cables and none have any effect.

When plugging in the cable there is no visual effect on the hubs indicator lights although the routers PC light lights up for a moment then goes.

Any ideas?

adsl_frside.jpg

(about pic mine doesnt have the white switch, the usb port or the other plug (one of those two sockets is ethernet, thats the one i have)

Oh and these are my modems settings.

Channel=01, Operation Mode= MRFC2364/Routed, VPI= 0, VCI= 100.
User Name: xxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxxx
Authentication: pap.
Encapsulation Mode : AUTO.
IP Address from Service Provider.
Startup : Enable.
DoD : Disable.
Use NAT, Auto Discovery Dns.

(I can access the internet if my PC is directly connected to the hub via a standard Ethernet cable)

Nothing else has been configured

You may need a rollover cable depending on the type of router. Is the link light turned on? If not, try using a crossover cable instead of a regular straight through cable.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back