Router Constantly Screwing up

thebear

d(-.-)b
my router has started to randomly stop working. Lately it's been doing it a lot and it's starting to get really annoying as the only way to get my internet back is turn my router off then back on...any ideas on the problem?

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
Well,

Unless you provide a little more info (brand, specific symptoms of the problem, connection setup details, etc..) I would suggest getting a new router.

thebear

d(-.-)b
it's a D-Link Di-604, wired LAN, 2 computers, hooked up to a Speedstream DSL modem, my computer is an Athlon-XP 1.5ghz, windows XP

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Three things can cause lock ups:

Too hot.
Poor power input (spikes mainly).
The router is dying.

Eliminate the first 2 with better/cooler location and a line filter and it's new router time.

Another possibility is a firmware bug but that would probably have always been there. Check the D-link site for FAQs and firmware upgrade. Only upgrade if the new version says it helps your problem. Newer is not always better.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
You could try a firmware update. Also check the cable connections to see if any have a prob. A loose connection can affect connectivity. Or a bad cable.

ming

OSNN Advanced
I've experienced poor ventilation on the router which was one reason for my router stalling. The other thing is update of firmware which also helped keep it running 24/7.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glen