RMA - 9800 Pro

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
I bought a 9800 Pro last summer and a few months ago it started showing weird artifacts when I cold booted, I don't notice it alot of the time as my PC is on alot of the time, but it is something I would rather be without to be honest.

There is a similar thread over on Hexus:
http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=9043

Basically, if I was to try and return the card would it still be within its warranty, I did buy it quite a while ago and who would I contact to do this... Also do I have to send the old card in first, I don't have anything Icould use in the mean time!

I bought it from www.overclockers.co.uk

is it a BBA ?

if it is than it should come with a 3 year warranty..

It's Sapphire, came in a whitebox if you remember.

To be honest, I am going SATA, next month and then I might see what the status of the next card is, but I don't want to waste a card that did cost me a shedload.

contact sapphire... their website should have some info...

btw white box == oem? I just knew you bought a 9800pro.. not where from...

ah ok, I got it before they released em with the boxes :)
Problem is, I don't want to be left without a video card.

you will be left without a card worst luck. no old spare to throw in for a month ?

well I will be buying a new one at the end of may, am thinking nv40, but I don't want to be left with a flawed spare... will it still be valid for an rma then? I bought it at the end of april last year...

3 year warranty EP, im going through 1 at the mo with my ti4600, suppliers asked me to go to asus to see if they would help, the email bounced back, so im waiting on a RMA number to let the place i got it from sort it, brought a cheap 256mb 9800 pro while i wait :(

If you want a replacement, it's usually the retailer you need to contact.

I only know that because we get it all the time at work

them: We bought a sony TV from you, its broke
me: go contact sony then.
them: we did, they informed us it's the retailers responsability.
me: Bastards! .. er, I mean please hold.

There's also some ridiculous amount of time in which you're allowed to return the item that's past the usual 1-year warranty (something stupid like 6 or 7 years.. I'd have to look that up though) but you don't tell the customer that.. for obvious reasons :D

GoNz0 said:
3 year warranty EP, im going through 1 at the mo with my ti4600, suppliers asked me to go to asus to see if they would help, the email bounced back, so im waiting on a RMA number to let the place i got it from sort it, brought a cheap 256mb 9800 pro while i wait :(

Err correct me if Im wrong, but arent Radeon 9800 Pro's superior + more expensive than Ti4600's ?

he i know how that must look, cheap as in i found a 256mb 9800 pro for £200 as i wasnt going pooterless while the TI is off on RMA, will flog the TI when it gets back..

considering i brought the TI for £270 from the wholesale place i use, retail was £330 at the time, so the 9800 pro is cheep ;)

White box stuff is retailor warantee only. Which can be anywhere from 3 months to 1 year. Depending on how reputable they are they might work with you if the actual warantee is exceeded. "Artifacts" may be hard to sell.

Just out of curiosity you aren't running 4.2 catalysts are you? If you are change back to 3.9 and see if the artifacts go away.

There is a reason they charge extra for branded product, and it's not the fancy printed box material...

Waiting for an RMA code now...
Also waiting for this...

6800ultra.jpg

Darn I didnt know you posted a pic Electronic. I put up a topic on the NV40. Hope you got through ok with your card. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back