RIS with WindowsXP image

D

Dizzy

Hi u all,

OK, here is the deal, We (me and a friend) are having loads of trouble trying to install WindowsXP Pro. from a Windows 2000 server with a RIS (Remote Installation Service) server. Here are the "breaking" point:
when the connection is made with the RIS server, and the client is say`n setup is starting windows:
1) we get the message that he doesn`t seems to find a nother version of windows
2) he try`s to format the disk but tells us there is not enough memory, (although there is 512MB internal MEM)
3) the disk image (the one we are trying to dumb) is not correct (the image was created from a windowsXP Pro. cd BY RIS himself!!)

sow.. could somebody please help me/us out here!??
thanx in Advanced hope with you`r help we could solve this problem..
:confused:

Dizzy

ok.. thnx 4 your help

we already installed the update and that did not made any different still the same error`s. The strange thing is theire is nothing to find on these errors so, either we are doing something very wrong or the server (RIS SERVER) is very weird or something like that.. :rolleyes:

thnx anyway..
Dizzy

The update does not work. Have had the same problem for months teaching MS course 2520, Deploying Windows XP Professional.
There is no current workaround for this.

If you are deploying this in a production environment, suggest using the CD image, if you created one, and rolling it out with third party software like Ghost.

Cannot use a RIPrep Image for Ghost.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back