ripping just audio from an mpeg

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
can anyone tell me how to do this? i want to rip the audio from a mpeg and put it onto a cd and also seperate the tracks into either mp3's or .wav files.

thanks in advance,
seperatist

I know that Adobe Premiere does this, because I have the app and have done it before. However, Premiere is not a cheap program, and I wouldn't recommend buying it just to rip audio from a video file. I'll take a look around and let you know if I find something else.

VirtualDub can demux mpegs for you. If you want a program that specifically does just that, what you're looking for is an "AVI Demultiplexer".

VirtualDub... of course! I've used this program for years and never even noticed that you could copy audio. Definitely a good choice there. It will copy to .wav, and then all you have to do is encode it into whatever format you wish.

http://virtualdub.org/

Quick info on AVI (mpeg, etc.):

AVI is just two files (one audio and one video) combined, or "multiplexed", together. They're not mixed like paint, but more like they're intertwined like two cords of a rope. And just like a rope, those two pieces can be separated without having to re-encode either one.

thanks a lot, you guys rock. this is a great place to come for good and helpful info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back