• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ripping just audio from an mpeg

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
can anyone tell me how to do this? i want to rip the audio from a mpeg and put it onto a cd and also seperate the tracks into either mp3's or .wav files.

thanks in advance,
seperatist

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I know that Adobe Premiere does this, because I have the app and have done it before. However, Premiere is not a cheap program, and I wouldn't recommend buying it just to rip audio from a video file. I'll take a look around and let you know if I find something else.

VirtualDub can demux mpegs for you. If you want a program that specifically does just that, what you're looking for is an "AVI Demultiplexer".

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
VirtualDub... of course! I've used this program for years and never even noticed that you could copy audio. Definitely a good choice there. It will copy to .wav, and then all you have to do is encode it into whatever format you wish.

http://virtualdub.org/

Quick info on AVI (mpeg, etc.):

AVI is just two files (one audio and one video) combined, or "multiplexed", together. They're not mixed like paint, but more like they're intertwined like two cords of a rope. And just like a rope, those two pieces can be separated without having to re-encode either one.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test