ripping dvds

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
i have a dvd player,i'm looking for a program that will allow me to rip the dvd to my hdd?
thanks

I know a program, but Im not sure if I can post it. Can a mod let me know on this one?

While we're talking about ripping DVDs. Can someone tell me how I can backup one of my DVD movie please. My friend scratched up the original disc and my Theatre System is having a hard time trying to read it thing. :(

I've got shrink, but it keeps telling me that there isn't enough space on my blank DVD even though I set the output file to less than 4GB.

the best thing is dvdshrink it makes it so it will fit on a dvd-+r so its all good, also if u want to back it up to a dual layer dvd than it can also be done, dvd decrypter is great dont get me wrong, but it only makes an image of the original dvd, so u cant back it up to a 4.7 gb dvdr i use dvd decrypter and dvdshrink. dvdshrink most of the time, and dvd decrypter when dvd shrink cant decrypt the dvd, dvd decrypter also can read iso,s so its not only for dvd's :D

i've been using dvd shrink for around year with no problems. Recently though sony pictures has encrypted their dvds with a different type of copy protection and dvd shrink can't handle them. Resident Evil Apocalypse and the Forgotten are two that come to mind. What you have to do if you run into this problem is use dvd decryptor to rip the dvd and then encode and shrink it with dvd shrink.

so now I have both installed and use them when needed. Just liek mafia said

dvd shrink isn't helping me though... cant seem to fit <4GB file on to a blank 4.7GB disc. >.<

exactly what u said tuffgong, i had to do that with ice age special edition

ming said:
dvd shrink isn't helping me though... cant seem to fit <4GB file on to a blank 4.7GB disc. >.<
what do you mean? u cant just stick files and it will make them a dvd, thats somthing else

themafia.69 said:
what do you mean? u cant just stick files and it will make them a dvd, thats somthing else

no.. i used dvd shrink to reduce the file size to under 4GB, but it keeps telling me that the disc does not have enough space to store the backup.

stupid question warning...have you tried other blank discs???

Tuffgong4 said:
i've been using dvd shrink for around year with no problems. Recently though sony pictures has encrypted their dvds with a different type of copy protection and dvd shrink can't handle them. Resident Evil Apocalypse and the Forgotten are two that come to mind. What you have to do if you run into this problem is use dvd decryptor to rip the dvd and then encode and shrink it with dvd shrink.

so now I have both installed and use them when needed. Just liek mafia said

i've been able to back up both of those using DVDshrink with no problems. Check out the guides in the DVDshrink forums. very helpful. http://forum.digital-digest.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=48

Yharn said:
i've been able to back up both of those using DVDshrink with no problems. Check out the guides in the DVDshrink forums. very helpful. http://forum.digital-digest.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=48
can you point to a more specific location in the forums because a lot of people here could benefit from knowing and looking through all the threads is a little tough. it would be much appreciated. I looked but only could find using more than one program and then shrink

Ming - did you just tell dvdshrink to fit it on a single DVD or did you set the compression yourself? Because I think a 4.7 gig DVD can only handle something like a 3.8 gig file size. DVD Shrink will do the math for you if you tell it to make it fit.

Also, I advise removing all the junk (extras, languages, etc.). Commerical DVDs are dual layer and close to 8 gigs, most of it (garbage so it won't fit on a single layer burnable DVD).

well I've put the whole DVD on to HD, it takes up 6.xx GB of space.

I have spent hours doing all sorts of things to try and get the thing to fit a 4.7GB disc but every time it tells me that there isn't enough space on the disc.
I've even tried to re-author it (add only the main movie file and compress it to 70% of original size) to see if it makes any difference but it's still the same.

Ming - same question. Did you tell DVD Shrink to fit it on a disk or did you try and do it manually?

Have DVD Shrink do the rip and select the option to fit it on a single DVD.

Or I think you can tell it to split it into 2 DVDs (not sure on that and can't open it to check right now I'm doing some video editing).

the conversion for a 4.7 GB dvd is like 4.464 or something to that effect. I read something on the dvd shrink forum about this problem ming...search around there cause I know I won't be able to find it again

Tuffgong4 said:
the conversion for a 4.7 GB dvd is like 4.464 or something to that effect. I read something on the dvd shrink forum about this problem ming...search around there cause I know I won't be able to find it again

I've followed through with the guide on the website... and yes it says something about the actual size being roughly 4.464GB. But having lowered mine to under 4GB, I can't see why I still can't put it on to a blank disc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back