Ripping CD's To Computer

lol

Its the Virtual Mem keeps Popin up its Low even with Firefix and Chatin on MSN most Days lol

paul2-0-0-2 said:
lol

Its the Virtual Mem keeps Popin up its Low even with Firefix and Chatin on MSN most Days lol
Did you limit your paging file size or is your HD low on space?

Xie said:
Did you limit your paging file size or is your HD low on space?

Nar HD 19gb left

Paging File i changed it to let windows manage after some Start Up apss woulnt start that Fixed it think it was that anyway

This is the easiest question ever asked ..

Data : Nero - Nothing beats it
Audio : EAC with lame and mp3bymyden profile

More info on how to make the best mp3 can be found here : http://www.bestmp3guide.com/

Johnny said:
This is the easiest question ever asked ..

Data : Nero - Nothing beats it
Audio : EAC with lame and mp3bymyden profile

More info on how to make the best mp3 can be found here : http://www.bestmp3guide.com/

Chris may have made it easy for a lot of folks to make great sounding mp3's, but there are some issues with his guides. I'd suggest reading the EAC forums and the FAQ over at HydrogenAudio. The best way is not to use a ready made profile, but rather to know why you are using whatever settings and/or switches you are using.

themafia_69 said:

Development on CDeX has been stagnant for some time now. You might as well use EAC, which also uses the cdparanoia libraries, but is still developed and has a much stronger secure mode.

IMO it seems a bit overkill to rip w/ EAC if your just going to convert it to lossy mp3 in the end. :(

You want to hear skips, bleeps and squelches in your files? EAC is not as much about the compression as it is about getting an error free rip.

Xie said:
IMO it seems a bit overkill to rip w/ EAC if your just going to convert it to lossy mp3 in the end. :(

What do you mean? The purpose of EAC is to get a perfect rip of a track from the CD to your hard disk. The compression is up to the whatever codec you choose and not EAC itself. Most CD ripping software will pride itself on speed, and not accuracy, and you will get small read errors in your rips.

I feel good knowing that my CD collection can be ripped without any data loss or read errors onto my hard disk, and if there are any EAC will let me know. The fact that it can be ripped to a lossy format does not really have anything to do it.

Who wants to rip an mp3 with read errors anyway?

when i bought radioheads last disc and it failed to play in half of my cd players (i.e my sony mp3cd player, bought it in 2001).... i had to resort to EAC to create a copy of the cd to bypass the BS copyright scheme.

I had to rip at like 1x mind you.

EAC all the way because most new cds are copy controlled.
I cant say enough about the program...

What made the radiohead story sweet tho.... was writing to EMI Canada (Capitol records Canada)... and getting a free non-copy controlled version of the album.

woot
:pirate:

Most any good cd ripping program can rip w/out the hearable pops, ect. It seems like a waste of time to make a perfect rip of a cd (basically a clone) to only go and convert that to a lossy format like mp3. If your going to make a perfect rip (via EAC) go lossless is all I'm saying. EAC rip -> mp3 is similiar to putting a purfect paintjob on your car to take it driving thru the mud.

I'll download some of these programs and try them out next week thx :)

Only program i used was the one what Zen Micro Media Explorer uses where it rips it and puts it on mp3 player but its 128 and sounds crap lol

I would give people rep points for posting some good info but to Lazy maybe later lol :speechless:

Xie said:
Most any good cd ripping program can rip w/out the hearable pops, ect. It seems like a waste of time to make a perfect rip of a cd (basically a clone) to only go and convert that to a lossy format like mp3. If your going to make a perfect rip (via EAC) go lossless is all I'm saying. EAC rip -> mp3 is similiar to putting a purfect paintjob on your car to take it driving thru the mud.

the only time wasted is for copy controlled cds. thats when slow rip speed is important. other than that EAC functions well at higher speeds. Takes minutes.

About the only thing I don't like about mp3's is that when you have a cd that is continues, no gaps - Like a live concert cd for example, and ripp it you will always get gaps between the tracks. About the only way to avoid this is to use ogg vorbis or keep it as a wav file. Other than that mp3 works fine.

What ever bit rat you are ripping it at will make more of an affect on the quality than anything. Which is why I suugest using --alt-preset extreme when you ripp .. Also the type of program you use to ripp will have an affect on the sound quality. If you use garbage like Cddextracter, Audiograbber, slurp, and the others that copy them. As well as use xing technology to ripp the cd, then you will have a crappy sounding cd. This is why I use nothing but EAC with Lame and Ogg Vorbis. The only thing with ogg is that portable mp3 players don't recognize it, in which case you can just ripp it to a wav file and play on it ..

1) mp3 can be indistinguishable from cd (see LAME)
2) If you use LAME and a lame tag aware program (foobar2000) to play the files back, they are gapless
3) I don't care what format I use, I don't want to hear errors.
4) most ripping programs rip in a burst mode, 1 read and if there's an error, you're stuck with it.

dreamliner77 said:
1) mp3 can be indistinguishable from cd (see LAME)
2) If you use LAME and a lame tag aware program (foobar2000) to play the files back, they are gapless
3) I don't care what format I use, I don't want to hear errors.
4) most ripping programs rip in a burst mode, 1 read and if there's an error, you're stuck with it.

1) You will notice a quality diff in mp3 as apposed to cd. It is because of the way an mp3 is made. This is why it is best to use high bitrates, anything above 160 is cd quality. I prefer --alt-preset extreme .. If you don't like the diff you could always keep it as a wav file, or use something like Ogg vorbis or monkey audio.

2) It does not matter if the program is lame tag aware or not (winamp is). There will always be gaps in the song between tracks. There is no way around this.

3) If you don't want to hear errors then stay away from Audiograbber, easy cd ripper, real jukebox, [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AudioCatalyst[/font], CD-DA Extractor, Slurp, Windac, Real Jukebox, ect, ect, and any other that use XING or fruehauf.

** Note: I should recount the remark on audiograbber. It allows you use lame and others now. But it don't have secure mode. It is good for a starter to learn on before they move to the good ones.

4) That is true which makes them so bad. See list above, they use burst mode as default, I think that is the only mode they do use. The programmers of those programs don't know what secure mode is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back