RIP Heath Ledger

They are saying that it could be from a possible drug overdose. That they found over the counter sleep aide pills by his bed. Man that sucks. :(

Thats horrible and while I really want to see the dark knight still, seems a little morbid.
Really good actor.

i can understand the posters state of mind when he wrote that on that site

I was really looking forward to seeing him in The Dark Knight. Still am. But wow... never expected this.

truly terrible and a sad situation. God speed to the entire Ledger family. R.I.P. :(

I just can't believe this... It was so sudden... I just don't... (Sigh) :cry:

I was pretty shocked. Not sure how to feel besides the sad part.

When Brad Delp killed himself ... I was just sick. I can't even imagine the number of people he affected with his music.

I think of Ledger ... how much more he had to contribute. I sure hope it was an accident ... I hate that anyone is in so much pain.

They found over the counter sleep meds around him and I read he also had a prescription for Ambien.

I hear it was pneumonia and that the sleeping pills were because the guy mind was racing so much he was only getting two hours sleep a night.

Hoping it really wasn't drugs, but this seems to be a guy who acted because he wanted to and really didn't want fame.

I was talking about this with my new office mate who is in her late 20s and from Muncie, Indiana. That may or may not be significant. But she's edgy and trendy and very very cool. None of which I am.

But ... it seems to me that one's late 20s are so filled with angst and pain ... especially for deeply creative artists, and it's just a really bad time to take the pain so seriously that you're willing to go to extreme lengths to escape from it.

That's what upset me so much about Brad's suicide ... at 55 ... he really really meant it. He'd tried, he'd given it a fair chance, and was still so in pain and so alone he wanted to skip it all.

But my young office mate agreed ... another huge tragedy (besides his daughter missing him) is that none of us will ever get to date him now.

and this is just sad corporate greed..

edit: supposedly from a BestBuy store
heathledgememorialdw5.jpg

Official word out today is it was accidental.

The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine".

Rumour floating around on TMZ is that he had a serious episode of depression after doing the "Dark Night," and that Ambien was used to help with insomnia. Apparently he had trouble with a really dark role.

^ Yeah, I read a comment by Jack Nicholson regarding that... something along the lines of "I told him."

Official word out today is it was accidental.

The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine".
Sorry, but accidental to me is grabbing the wrong pill in the middle of the night, or falling, or getting hit by someone, or some other uncontrollable accident.

Not acute OD on moderate to high end drugs like Xanax and other feel good drugs.

It is unfortunate that people today feel the need to turn to this **** that causes more problems than it solves for most people. I really did like him as a actor, and like EP said he was more in for the acting than the money.

Sorry, but accidental to me is grabbing the wrong pill in the middle of the night, or falling, or getting hit by someone, or some other uncontrollable accident.

Not acute OD on moderate to high end drugs like Xanax and other feel good drugs.

It is unfortunate that people today feel the need to turn to this **** that causes more problems than it solves for most people. I really did like him as a actor, and like EP said he was more in for the acting than the money.

I would like this to increase awareness about medications ... their distribution as well as prescription. Ledger had two anti-anxiety meds, two sleep aids, two really high-test painkillers ... and I don't understand why no one was overseeing the whole medication situation.

It's difficult enough being in your 20s without being left entirely to your own devices regarding your health and welfare.

:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back