RIP Heath Ledger

Rumour floating around on TMZ is that he had a serious episode of depression after doing the "Dark Night," and that Ambien was used to help with insomnia. Apparently he had trouble with a really dark role.
Don't get me wrong it's an awful shame when someone dies especially when so young but it must be soooo hard being an actor. Seriouslyfor those people who work in dangerous life threatening jobs and see terrible things we can only imagine life must be like a walk in the park. :rolleyes:

I would like this to increase awareness about medications ... their distribution as well as prescription. Ledger had two anti-anxiety meds, two sleep aids, two really high-test painkillers ... and I don't understand why no one was overseeing the whole medication situation.

It's difficult enough being in your 20s without being left entirely to your own devices regarding your health and welfare.
:(
I agree, I'd like to know how these people get hold of all this mediation. My hubby takes extremely strong painkillers but is only allowed a certain amount of pills to last a certain amount of time which is usually 1 month. If he's had a bad time and taken more than he should the doctor refuses to give him any more till until that month is up.

I agree, I'd like to know how these people get hold of all this mediation. My hubby takes extremely strong painkillers but is only allowed a certain amount of pills to last a certain amount of time which is usually 1 month. If he's had a bad time and taken more than he should the doctor refuses to give him any more till until that month is up.

My guess is your husband doesn't have multiple homes spread out across thousands of miles that he visits frequently. Probably pretty easy to walk into a New York doctor and get some meds, then to a LA doctor and get some other meds, and then to a Miami doctor, and so on. Besides with the money these guys make, I think they could pay for pretty much anything they want and someone to get it for them.

True.

Anything to make them feel good.

I don't know all the details about his mental health, but that's a lot of drugs that play with your head. And once you stop taking them, the symptoms come back.

My guess is your husband doesn't have multiple homes spread out across thousands of miles that he visits frequently. Probably pretty easy to walk into a New York doctor and get some meds, then to a LA doctor and get some other meds, and then to a Miami doctor, and so on. Besides with the money these guys make, I think they could pay for pretty much anything they want and someone to get it for them.
Thankfully I don't think doctor's over here will do that, as far as I know they have to speak to you GP first :speechless:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back