Rimms / Socket 423... are they dead?

L

LiquidMorph

Hello. I have what I believe to be a Pentium 4 1.4GHz 256K cache 400Mhz FSB Socket 423 in an Intel D850GB mainboard with 640 MB of Ram, in a total of 4 Rimms (2x64 + 2x256). I was thinking about an processor upgrade but my reseller tells me that the most powerful processor I can get for my system is a Pentium 4 1.9GHz 256K cache 400Mhz FSB Socket 423. Are Rimms dead? Is ddr the most fast solution available? Any help would be appreciated. :(

Well Socket 423 is pretty much dead from what I've seen. Rimms on the other hand are still around. Rimms are mostly been pushed in to the server market from what I've read, also from what I've read the only ram on the market that can really give you the best performance with a Pentium 4 is Rimm technology. I hope this at least is of some help to you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back