Please see attached.

this is what my drop down menu looks like

it seems to me to be too large and some entries are unexpected

any ideas on how to "normalise" it?

Attachments

• Snapshot.doc
    279 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Did you use a registry hack to remove the shortcut arrows? e.g....

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Remove Shortcut Arrows
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile]
"IsShortcut"=-

If so, you need to add "IsShortcut" back, put the following in a text file and save it as something.reg.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Remove Shortcut Arrows
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile]
"IsShortcut"

That will remove the duplicate items. However, I don't know which application is adding the really long items. You should look in the options for that program and uncheck Explorer enhancements.

Many thanks for your suggestion it does seem to have achieved a reduction in size but the load in first, second , third frame is still present.

I think it was loading autopatcher january that caused this but I dont know which part of it could cause this. Should I do a recovery disk reinstall?

tia

I believe AutoPatcher has that registry hack included. If you want to remove shortcut arrows I recommend using Tweak UI (it performs the correct registry changes to remove the arrow).

When you remove the arrow using that hack it will cause some items to display twice (such as WinZip).

As for AutoPatcher, I don't like it. It includes updates that your PC may not need. I recommend sticking with Microsoft Update for Windows and Office updates (http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate).

If you can, uninstall AutoPatcher or roll your system back (restore point).

Look under the load into third frame, it says Run UltraCompare. I'd bet that's the program that is addind the load into frame options. Either remove it or check the settings for explorer enhancements.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back