right click start menu?

N

nully

anyone know how to / app to install to enable the start menu programs to be 'right clickable' on the desktop? This would be quite useful on my dual monitor display

Sorry to be a pest, but I am getting old. You'll have to explain it a little better.

Welcome to NTFS by the way.

lol hmm.. a little better or a little worse? well you know when you right click on the desktop? well there are some options that you see in a box called a menu such as new folder and open etc...( lol it sounds patronising now ;) ) - well Im sure there used to be some apps that allowed you to have a quick link to your start menu ie.. program files

This is what i mean

programmenu.jpg

Nice one nully.Now I'm curious. And btw welcome to ntfs. :)

yeah Ive tried context magic, it doesnt have programs like you find on the startmenu (you can copy your entire startmenu shortcuts over to it but it becomes very slow) - and its not free :D other than that its ok , I have searched everywhere for this functionality and I dont think anyone has done it yet. Its something Litestep users have so I might install it again...

LiteStep is a different shell... that is coded completely different than Explorer.

Originally posted by madmatt
LiteStep is a different shell... that is coded completely different than Explorer.

yes - gold star for you

Not quite. Not a start menu, it's adware and doesn't work on XP. Search continues...

now you jerks are gonna make me program something arent you. im learning java and ill make this my first app.

Originally posted by punkandacoke
now you jerks are gonna make me program something arent you. im learning java and ill make this my first app.

what about c++ :confused:

you gave up on it for now ?

Originally posted by punkandacoke
yep, for now.

well apart from the gui and keywords... they are not that far apart :)

hopefully you can learn a bit about both @ the same time.. depends what you are going to be doing :cool:

g.luck and keep us posted on your coding magic...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back