OSNN Addict
Windows XP Sp1 (all updates) is my current OS
123GB (files)
40GB (main)
20GB (linux)

256DDR PC2100
AlthonXP 2Ghtz(1.67)

when i right click a file the system crashes. basically

i thought that this would be something that i installed recently. i uninstalled the newest programs that could be causing a fuss. no luck.

second was that maybe extensions(winamp, winrar, PGP) were over clogging the menu. so that right clicking the menu would take s ages to load thus crashing the system. ihave been into winrar and removed all the menu enteries. this for a second worked but then a couple of minutes later it was back to normal system crashses.

send to menu. this was the next idea i came up withh. maybe my old send to menu entereis were casuing a problem. i remembered that i had set a link to a network drive that no longer was there. so as i couldn't delete these files at all i could only move them outa the folder. i moved them intothe recylce bin. this deleted them and cleared the send to.

still not working. right clicking a folder or even deleting a folder causes the system to crash. just hangs like an endless loop. restarted explorer.exe brings me back. but interacting which folders

i have ran Anti-virus scans and adware programs alike to remove any bugs that ccould be causing this. still no luck.

any ideas wouldn't go unread.

Uninstalled PGP8 and the menus are back to normal now. very strange. sorry about the post. but u never know. joe bloggs might come along and fnid it handy when faced with the same problems.

ps. F*&K PGP8 up its arse

Who is joe bloggs? ;) :D

Glad you got it working.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back