Right click brings up Macromedia Contribute Install

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
Lately when I right click on a menu or icon it brings up the Contribute install window. IF I cancel it it goes to the right context menu finally, what is the cause and how can I fix it?

Where in the registry is the right-clicking functions? Can I see if there is something there that is causing it?

Last edited:
We are having the same issue, have you figured anything out on this annoyance.

Yes, I uninstalled Contribute. I have heard of ppl at work that use it having this problem, but I don't know what is causing it. I think it started after a priority MS update as I have not updated Contribute.

Now that I think about it, it may have started after a Flash update for us... I uninstalled Contribute and now it tries to install Flash Paper. Guess I could try to uninstall that also.

Hi all.

It seemed to happen to me too, after I upgraded to Flash Player 9. I contacted Adobe about this and this is the solution they suggested. It worked fine for me:

Thank you for contacting Adobe Technical Support.
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Contribute. You should not
be seeing the Contribute installation window if you launch any of your
applications. This issue usually happens if the Windows
Installer was not able to completely clean up the installation support
files that our installer uses.
This issue should be resolved by running the Windows Installer CleanUp
Utility.
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
We hope this helps you.

Last edited:
I had this too - I just inserted the Contribute CD and clicked Ok - the problem hasn't come back since.

I had this too - I just inserted the Contribute CD and clicked Ok - the problem hasn't come back since.
Sometimes installs don't quite complete all the way, letting the install finish like you mentioned does the trick :)

This is a pretty common promblem for Office and new users who login, administrative installs FTW!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back