Right click brings up Macromedia Contribute Install

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
Lately when I right click on a menu or icon it brings up the Contribute install window. IF I cancel it it goes to the right context menu finally, what is the cause and how can I fix it?

Where in the registry is the right-clicking functions? Can I see if there is something there that is causing it?

Last edited:

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
Yes, I uninstalled Contribute. I have heard of ppl at work that use it having this problem, but I don't know what is causing it. I think it started after a priority MS update as I have not updated Contribute.

tkeela

OSNN Newbie
Now that I think about it, it may have started after a Flash update for us... I uninstalled Contribute and now it tries to install Flash Paper. Guess I could try to uninstall that also.

bugsy

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi all.

It seemed to happen to me too, after I upgraded to Flash Player 9. I contacted Adobe about this and this is the solution they suggested. It worked fine for me:

Thank you for contacting Adobe Technical Support.
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with Contribute. You should not
be seeing the Contribute installation window if you launch any of your
applications. This issue usually happens if the Windows
Installer was not able to completely clean up the installation support
files that our installer uses.
This issue should be resolved by running the Windows Installer CleanUp
Utility.
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
We hope this helps you.

Last edited:

ray_gillespie

Staff member
Political User
I had this too - I just inserted the Contribute CD and clicked Ok - the problem hasn't come back since.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I had this too - I just inserted the Contribute CD and clicked Ok - the problem hasn't come back since.
Sometimes installs don't quite complete all the way, letting the install finish like you mentioned does the trick :)

This is a pretty common promblem for Office and new users who login, administrative installs FTW!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ganster