Riddick > Doom III

Petros

Thief IV
Riddick > Doom III?

I've just started playing The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay on the PC and wow...

The visuals beat the pants off of Doom; I was jarred just by the opening sequence. One of the main things that sets this game apart is that it has a great story and fun, non-repetitive gameplay to match.

Check out the Gamespot review and the lovely screenshots and you'll see what I mean.

No one who has played both will argue that Doom 3 was but I don't know about the visuals though. Though was still prettier to me.

I think everyone can say that doom 3 was dissapointing. The graphics were pretty good but the textures were horrid.. and they used the darkness as an excuse to cover it up. and it runs like **** to boot.... I havnt played this yet but I have seen some gameplay videos and some screen shots and it looks promising. I am amazed at how good the Vin Diesel model is, it almost looks just like him. Very nice!

I've just gotten to the part where
Riddick gets his shiny eyes. It's so much fun sneaking around after you shoot the lights out and attack people.
Don't know if that's really a spoiler, but I want to be safe.

This thread is more about how cool this Riddick game is, and just an ounce of sadness that Doom wasn't better than it was. It was an enjoyable game, but not as deep as Escape From Butcher Bay.

This game is one part gritty shooter to two parts Thief.

Indeed..Riddick is fantastic. Up there alongside (ok, slightly lower) HL2. Top notch.

The hand to hand fighting is brilliant.

riddick is a great game :)

just got done with it.. AA doesn't work well but like d3 you don't really need it in game..

nv4x owners, please turn off ps 2.0++ as this really tanks gaming performance...

overall a fabulous game, decent storyline (bit repetitive) and great voice acting accompanied with a variety of ways to deal with enemies...

strictly 17 rating for those thinking of getting it for their kids... this game is not for little uns (language, action sequences)

4/5 osnn stars for this product... highly recommended...

free xbox demo came with the dvd!

didn't realiase untill i stuck it into the xbox to watch it, and it sudenly loaded :D

I keep meaning to get Riddick, but finding it at the right price is proving difficult (had to pay car insurance, plus going to South Africa for the second time in 6 months, plus other expenses and saving for a nice new Tag Heure watch), so I'm going to have to sidetrack this one at the moment :(

I agree, great game, unfortuntatly I havn't managed to get the time to play it much, but so far I like what I see.

The unfortunate part is that there seems to have been a lot of insurmountable problems with it. A lot of people can't seem to get the game to even install, and even more can install it but then can't play it.
http://community.vugames.com/WebX?13@77.7cTIe5OgcYy.0@.1dd8bae4
is the official game forum. I had a small problem, but the fix was quite easy once I had time to actually look into the problem.

Anyways like I said, I think it's a great game and have had no problems playing it, but you might want to take a look at that link above and check out some of the problems others are having. And if you own the game and are having problems then you may find the answers there.

James

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back