RIAA to Sue 405 More College Students

L

Lee

RIAA to Sue 405 More College Students.

In yet another dramatic twist :p

The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) said Tuesday it intends to file lawsuits against hundreds of college students sharing music and movie files over Internet2, the next-generation network of college universities that is intended for research of new technologies.

On Wednesday, 405 lawsuits will be filed against students at 18 universities.

Using Internet2 connections DVD-quality copies of movies can be downloaded in a mere 5 minutes. The RIAA says students have been using a file sharing application called "i2hub" to swap music and movies, and "mistakenly believe their illegal file-sharing activities can’t be detected in the closed environment of the Internet2 network."

Along with 18 universities being sued, the RIAA claims it has evidence of illegal i2hub use at an additional 140 universities in 41 states. Letters will be sent to those schools warning of the consequences associated with illicit file sharing.

Read More & Source

i saw it on betanews but i thought thats what your former thread was about so i didnt post it

Nah I didn't see it mention before about owning 405 college kids.

May be similar, maybe can be merged.

Problem I think this site being watched by other sites and their news posters find our stuff then go post in on their sites and change it to suit their needs maybe.

<edit> seen that happen a few times past few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back