RIAA cracks down on Internet2 file-swapping

L

Lee

RIAA cracks down on Internet2 file-swapping

The Recording Industry Association of America filed suit Tuesday against students at 18 universities accused of operating file-swapping services on the supercharged Internet2 network. The suits are the first to focus on the next-generation research network operated by universities. The i2Hub file-swapping service has operated for a year on campuses that are connected to Internet2.

Recording industry executives said i2Hub had become a serious problem over time as students believed they could not be observed trading files.

"i2Hub has been seen as a safe haven, and what we wanted to do was puncture that misconception," said Cary Sherman, president of the RIAA. "This has been a subversion of the research purposes for which Internet2 was developed."

Source & Read More

themafia.69 said:
screw the riaa one download at a time :p

hahahah, thats great. You should make that a shirt :p

Seems like this is old news to me :s

I bet the RIAA president's kid downloads free music :)

um, in the last 24 hours alone 2.34Gb worth. woo. RIAA can go suck my donkey for all i care. There are worse leechers than me out there so why should i care. :p

you dont need to worry about the riaa kore, you need to worry about the bpi.

i mean hey i "dont" have 40 gigs of mp3's... and if i have any mp3's i would of spent countless hours ripping and renaming id3 tags...

zeke_mo said:
hahahah, thats great. You should make that a shirt :p
theres one at tshirthell.com it says "Sharing is Caring, **** the Riaa"

I don't have any downloaded music. Honest.

I got DSL so I could surf faster.

:angel:

VenomXt said:
i mean hey i "dont" have 40 gigs of mp3's... and if i have any mp3's i would of spent countless hours ripping and renaming id3 tags...

I do, on second thoughts I have 10 times that.

ohh yeah what is bpi?

well if im just downloading a song, then yeah but if im rippinga cd i get the info from the net make sure its how i want it (i hate ft. or feat. i just delete anything that has that etc) and rip

I ignore all the ID tags. Too much time spent working and not enough fun.

I spent years doing mine, I am thinking of buying some LP software to do all the vinyls I have also, get a lot of vinyl from boot markets, flea markets and charity shops, not turned any yet into wma or mp3, just wondering when ripped does it update the same way as a ripped cd/DvD?

afraid you'd have to do that the hard way, Lee :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back