• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RIAA cracks down on Internet2 file-swapping

L

Lee

RIAA cracks down on Internet2 file-swapping

The Recording Industry Association of America filed suit Tuesday against students at 18 universities accused of operating file-swapping services on the supercharged Internet2 network. The suits are the first to focus on the next-generation research network operated by universities. The i2Hub file-swapping service has operated for a year on campuses that are connected to Internet2.

Recording industry executives said i2Hub had become a serious problem over time as students believed they could not be observed trading files.

"i2Hub has been seen as a safe haven, and what we wanted to do was puncture that misconception," said Cary Sherman, president of the RIAA. "This has been a subversion of the research purposes for which Internet2 was developed."

Source & Read More

um, in the last 24 hours alone 2.34Gb worth. woo. RIAA can go suck my donkey for all i care. There are worse leechers than me out there so why should i care. :p

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
i mean hey i "dont" have 40 gigs of mp3's... and if i have any mp3's i would of spent countless hours ripping and renaming id3 tags...

L

Lee

VenomXt said:
i mean hey i "dont" have 40 gigs of mp3's... and if i have any mp3's i would of spent countless hours ripping and renaming id3 tags...
I do, on second thoughts I have 10 times that.

ohh yeah what is bpi?

Kush

High On Life!
well if im just downloading a song, then yeah but if im rippinga cd i get the info from the net make sure its how i want it (i hate ft. or feat. i just delete anything that has that etc) and rip

L

Lee

I spent years doing mine, I am thinking of buying some LP software to do all the vinyls I have also, get a lot of vinyl from boot markets, flea markets and charity shops, not turned any yet into wma or mp3, just wondering when ripped does it update the same way as a ripped cd/DvD?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown