Rewriteble CD's & DVD's

SysProg

OSNN Addict
I just upgraded my system from XP to Windows 7 64-bit and am looking for info about the feature in 7 that allows CD and DVD R/W discs to be treated like a USB flash drive. I am able to drag and drop files and directories from Windows Explorer onto the DVD burner drive and this works just fine (as long as the disc is formatted "like a USB flash drive") - Windows does treat the disc like a flash drive.

My problem is that I need to be able to save files to rewritable discs from other programs (i.e. Quicken Deluxe 2009). When I load the disc into my burner and tell Quicken to take a backup to it, Quicken returns a dialog containing text "CD backup error!".

I also upgraded to Nero Multimedia Suite 10 when I upgraded Windows and found that InCD is no longer part of the Nero package. This is the program that let Quicken write to the R/W discs when I was running XP.

Do you know where I can find out more about how to get Windows to allow Quicken (and other programs) to write to an R/W disc? Is this even possible or am I wasting my time looking?

Quicken 2010 still doesn't allow backing up to cdrw/dvdrw directly they claim they are working on a fix but that was several months ago when i talked to them. They recommend that you backup to a usb drive or directly to the hard-drive then copy to the rw disk. the incd program still doesn't help with this problem. In-cd formats the rw disk then you can copy to it just like another drive

Thanks for the info. I'll open an issue with Intuit on this with the idea that they may take action if enough people complain.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back