[Review] Windows Desktop Search

I just installed it and I can defiantly see how it can be useful. I don't know how I feel about it being on my taskbar next to the button to show all icons. I tried moving it to my desktop but you can't resize it all the way down to just below the search input.

Does anyone have this problem...? Notice the double line in my context menu.

Last edited:
Hmm, looks like I'll give this a go as well. I am with matt, and another reason why I never gave it a whirl was because it had that stupid butterfly.

I never even bothered reading about it when I saw it :smoker:

/runs to download

I have never tryed it, cause I never bothered reading what it was. I might try it when I get home.

kcnychief said:
another reason why I never gave it a whirl was because it had that stupid butterfly.
Worst. Reason. Ever. :p
Let me know what you think once you start using it for a while though. Most people end up getting hooked. :D

Am I the only person that thought the butterfly was cool?

Grandmaster said:
Am I the only person that thought the butterfly was cool?
It really doesn't matter to me either way. The butterfly was fine, the magnifying glass is fine too.
It's a kick-ass app and that's all that matters to me at the end of the day. :D

Will one of you answer my question. The one up there with an image attached. I want to know!

madmatt said:
Will one of you answer my question. The one up there with an image attached. I want to know!
I haven't noticed that. From what I know, WDS doesn't add any context-menu items anyway. Not sure why that's occuring.

I'm 95% sure it happened with the installation of WDS. I installed WOC and WD about three weeks ago and I would have noticed it.

NetRyder said:
Worst. Reason. Ever. :p
Let me know what you think once you start using it for a while though. Most people end up getting hooked. :D
I was really only kidding, maybe ;)

I downloaded it before I went to work, probably won't end up installing it until Monday or Tuesday though. Busy weekend ahead :s

^^ Be careful with that one. It's not actually a regular update to WDS.

This release is an Engine Preview of WDS 3.0 Beta. It contains the WDS 3.0 engine only and is meant to support searching from desktop applications such as Microsoft Office Outlook and OneNote 2007. Since this release does not provide a full desktop search experience, users of earlier versions of Windows Desktop Search should not upgrade to this release unless directed to by Outlook 2007, OneNote 2007 or another application. The next beta release of WDS 3.0 will include end-user UI to allow searching over all indexed content from a single place.

The section was looking a bit empty, that's why I dug this one up and moved it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back