[ Review.spoilers] Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I know this is going to be one of the more anticipated movies in a long while we will have coming out and I thought might as well get a placeholder till Wednesday.

If anyone has a review before Wednesday, please let me know and I will open the thread for your comments. Till then, it will be closed :)

Re: [Movie Review] Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith

Movie opens tonite most places. I would go if I could but I am moving to a new place tomorrow and I have to pack :(

Please post relevant reviews on the movie here, I will replace this post with my review when I have seen it.

Enjoy.

We're going for the 12AM show tonight. Still have about 3 hours, but we'll probably be heading down to the theater in a little while to get in line for seats. :)

Off to see it tonight :)

I hope for you sake saz, you didn't buy the tickets early then. Well the one's bought at the theater are refundable, but I think a friend was telling me the one's bought online are not... Anyhow, will be leaving shortly, though for a 12:15 showing...

I just got back... As many who knew went, the lines were long. As is it was fairly long when I had got there (odd as it's one of the smaller theaters) but I didn't get stuck with front row, so... If you plan on attending in groups, you might run into a bit of a problem. Some people (who were standing right behind me in line) just barely managed to get 3 seats together (there were 3 peeps). A party of 4, ended up having to break up. If you're attending with several friends, beware. Also some show times were sold out for tonight (the real tonight, not tonight that is some other night :D) and perhaps on the weekend. The theater I went to added a 2:20 am show (and they rarely show movies after 10:45 pm or there abouts).

Anyhow, as to the movie, my initial thoughts would give away a bit of the plot. Be forewarned, if you haven't seen it. There are spoilers, and then there are spoilers. Some give away more then others. Unless you really want important details given away...

Emperor Palpitine is in fact the Emperor. Furthermore, it isn't unlikely Anakin's "friend" Palpitine might not have been the one projecting the dreams into his mind, which resulted in both his slaughtering the village (in revenge for his mother) in Episode II, and also in this movie. Anakin's turning to the dark side was in responce to this, and Palpitine's proding. And yet the very thing he sought to prevent by turning, namely's Padme's death...his turning was the very catalyst that caused her to lose the will to live, despite there being nothing biologically wrong with her. All I can say, and without saying too much, some friend. Certainly this sort of "friend" is one for whom the phrase "with friend's like this, who needs enemies" can apply.

I don't want to open the spoiler tag, so a star rating please

Haha that was definitely lots of fun! :D

So we got there...10 of us...about 3 hours before the movie was supposed to start. Lines were already really long...luckily we were better off than the people going to the theater a few streets down. Those lines were almost 3 times longer than ours. Of course, we saw all the hardcore fans all dressed up with costumes, lightsabers and all...there were a few Darth Vaders walking around. It was awesome! :p Anyways, fortunately we managed to get some really good seats.

It's 3AM and I have class tomorrow morning, so I'm not going to go into details about the movie, but it was definitely very entertaining (although the story is quite sad if you think about it). If you've watched all the other episodes, chances are you're going to go watch this one anyway. If you've never watched any before, now's a good time to go check it out. One of the guys with us was a Star Wars newbie, and now he wants to go watch all of them. :p

Good fun. Definitely worth the time...and the long lines.

wow, I haven't seen anything like this excitement to see a movie since the original jaws

I'm gonna try to see it sometime this weak

I should add...for those of you who have never watched one of these before, go in with an open mind. It's a different kind of entertainment. Expect cheesy lines and blatant overacting at times. That just adds to the fun. It helps to go with a big group and watch it in a theater full of die-hard fans. That's all part of the experience. Just go in, watch as the story unfolds amidst all the special effects, laugh and have a good time. ;)

Movie was great! Not everday you see several hundred people go from chatter to silence for 2+hours. :D

10/10

great movie.... my girlfriend dressed up in a princess leia costume :)

khayman nice avatar, yeah i'm gonna go this weekend maybe. Not too concerned really i'll see it soon enough.

celticfan11 said:
great movie.... my girlfriend dressed up in a princess leia costume :)

I think that is every mans dream

zeke_mo said:
I think that is every mans dream
the one where she is chained to Jabba the Hutt?

April and I are going tonight.

falconguard said:
the one where she is chained to Jabba the Hutt?

Yup :p

saw it the other day. No real surprises there, esp if you read any of the books of ep 4 5 or 6, or any after that for that matter.

nice bit of irony in there though

order to watch the lot in if you havent see any is definitely 4 5 6 1 2 3

if you watch them in 1 2 3 4 5 6 order then some major plot twists of 4 5 6 will be spoilt :p

my teacher went to bahrain to see it, he said it rocked, even though i never watched any star wars movie, when i asked him why did he turn evil, he told me "a culmination of things" can anyone tell me what those things were?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back