[Review] eVGA GeForce 7900 GT KO Superclocked

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hi Everyone,
I have the 7900gt Ko Superclocked Edition video card from EVGA.
The card is 256 mb with 1580mhz memory speed and 580mhz core speed.

To be completely honest i was a little disappointed at the cards performance, it wasn't as crisp as i had hoped. Since installation I have come to notice that it is probably the games that aren't so crisp, the card can do the highest settings of the games (Counter-Strike Source, Half Life 2, Day Of Defeat Source) with ease.

An interesting and confusing thing i have found about the card is that during gameplay, the frames per second vary greatly, sometimes the card will be as low as 70, other times it will stay up in the 250-270 fps range which is amazing.

All in all, since the card is cheaper and faster than the 256mb 7800gtx i'd recommend this card for average gamers looking for good graphics. Think of this as well, if you buy EVGA, you are elligible for their step-up program which allows you to get your cards purchase value added towards another EVGA card.

Here is a link to a pdf file with detailed specifications:
http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/256-P2-N567.pdf

-Jack

System Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 4600
(2) SATA HDDS
7900gt ko superclocked edition
3.0gb ram

Suggestions?
Please PM me.

Last edited:
Re: 7900gt ko superclocked review

Nice review, but do you mean frames per second instead of feet?

Last edited:
Re: 7900gt ko superclocked review

Yep,
i'll change it now,
got confused with guns i guess :)

Re: [Review] eVGA GeForce 7900 GT CO Superclocked

Thread title changed.

yep... they are nice cards. i got two 7900GT CO SC's (wish i had the KO edition with their neater heatsink.... but didn't have the Step-Up time to wait till it came out..... plus didn't know it was coming out.

Can you change the title back to ko superclocked...
because i dont have the co, i have the ko...
Thanks..

so van after all these months have your opinions of this card changed as i was thinking of getting one.

Most definately.
It wasnt worth the money before, but now that it has come down in price it is.
I get around 270 fps in counterstrike source, and this is on a fairly busy server 10+ people.
In terms of graphics, the card is no better than my 6800gt which i still regaurd as the best card ever.
I shouldnt say there is no change though,
I dont play high end stuff, i play css with hdr maps thats it.
It looks as good as it can on those, but i cant vouch for more intensive games.

Make sure you get the eVGA card though, it is 80 mhz faster than the others, plus you get the step up program, hope it helps.

Sorry for the delay, as you might have noticed, i am not on osnn at all anymore :)

well you need to be on OSNN regardless of anyone elses opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back