reverting from classic logon to welcome screen

prinsipe

Not Too eXPerienced
can someone show me how coz everytime i do it a message appears and it says a program has disabled fast user switchhing.... . try uninstalling the prog and........i already did but to no avail, thanks for any extended help.....

what im talking about is that the :"change the way users logon or off" option in the user account is disabled.....

This issue occurs if a third-party GinaDLL value is set in the registry, thus disabing the Microsoft Graphical Identification and Authentication file (Msgina.dll) automatically. CSGINA.DLL is a filter driver of Cisco Systems VPN Dialer program. The filename may vary depending upon the software that you've installed.

To resolve the problem and restore the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching, you need to reset the GinaDLL entry using these steps:

* Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT
* Navigate to the following key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

* Backup the registry key by exporting it.
* In the right pane, right-click GinaDLL, and then click Delete. (You need to remove the whole value, not just it's data value)
* Close Registry Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back