Return of the King thread

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Well, considering it's availble to go and see from tomorrow (Wednesday) i thought i'd better create a thread...as no doubt one or two of us might stretch the ol' legs and go see it!

I'm going to book my tickets tomorrow....cant wait!! Although knowing its the last one is quite upsetting!!

OMG it was sooooo crap. all the effects where terrible and everyone looked like they had enough of this awful awful film. very very bad :(

Dude, don't play like that. I thought the movie series was really killer - I read the book series twice in high school so I thought the Pat director guy did a sweet job - and the graphical team was cool. It just sucks at the end.

really good movie...

they were a lot truer to the book in this flick than in TTT...

I loved the ending as well.. they again stayed true to the book :)

couple of interesting aspects...

first off... anduril was introduced in the extended version of fellowship and appeared to have been re-forged... so its being re-re-forged :confused:

also... mt doom == nothing lives there... you will see some dialogue there and there is GRASS waving in the wind :cool:

I dunno but seems like peter jackson has some 'splainin to do :D

anyways... 4.5/5 ntfs stars... will start another thread for spoilers later :D

enjoy the flick... btw its LONG (3.5 hrs)

3.5 hours! jebus! I will probably go this weekend.

Originally posted by Sazar
really good movie...

they were a lot truer to the book in this flick than in TTT...

I loved the ending as well.. they again stayed true to the book :)

Thats good, I would have been worried if they had done a casablanca ending (Frodo: Gollum, you just gotta do what you have to do or you will break Middle Earth's heat.... and we will always have.... Mount Doom) or an indiana jones style ending (Raiders of the Lost Arc style) (Gollum: Once again Dr Frodo I have taken what once was yours but is now mine.. *falls into lava*)

;)

The best trilogy EVER.

I saw it tonight... all 3.5 hours of its full-blown glory. What Peter Jackson has done is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know how he can see his work and believe that he actually did that.

5/5 NTFS Stars, and may God have mercy on any other film released this holiday season

Well at a theatre a bit farther from the one I usually go to, they are playing all 3 movies in a row...:S for $8 CND.

I'm going to see it in a few days, I think. The lines last night were ridiculously ridiculous. I'm a huge fan of Tolkein (and Jackson, now! :)) but I'm not going to wait in line until my legs fall off.

I'll take the wife this weekend.

Saw it last night. One complaint. End the freakin' movie already! Oh my God do they drag that ending out. I wanted to leave. Seriously, I know they need to bring everything together and wrap everything up but jeeeeeez, end it already.

Originally posted by xsivforce
Saw it last night. One complaint. End the freakin' movie already! Oh my God do they drag that ending out. I wanted to leave. Seriously, I know they need to bring everything together and wrap everything up but jeeeeeez, end it already.

ok to anyone else who has a complaint like this... READ THE BLOODY BOOK..

the ending is true to the book except for the Saruman angle which is treated differently...

if you are going in for an action movie and want it to end after the action sequences... go watch the matrix :cool:

I give big-time props to peter jackson for ending it the way tolkien did...

Doesn't matter to me if it is "true to the book". It doesn't take an hour for everyone to hug and give congrats for a victory. Watch it again. Every scene at the end seems to almost be in slow-mo.

Originally posted by xsivforce
Doesn't matter to me if it is "true to the book". It doesn't take an hour for everyone to hug and give congrats for a victory. Watch it again. Every scene at the end seems to almost be in slow-mo.

@ the end of the book it is almost the same thing... they actually left some things out...

its a good sense of closure and I can understand some people not liking it but for the purists its a nice gesture... :)

Not really. I didn't fall asleep, so it wasn't "dragged out".
If you want a REAAAAAAALLY slow ending, go watch matrix revolutions if you haven't done that already... and if you have, why the fsck are you complaining about LOTR when you've got that abomination to complain about? ;>

Haven't bothered with Matrix Revolutions. Not intertested. Good enough grimman?

by the way xsiv :D concerning your avatar.. did you watch the latest south park on wednesday :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back