retrieving a sent email

M

mal

Hi,
I'm a reasonable newbie and i've been led to believe that it is possible to retrieve a sent email,can anyone tell me how to do it.
Regards
mal:)

I think aol supports this and only if the person u sent it to has not opened your email yet. I'm not sure if Outlook or Outlook Express support this. some one else will come along with a better answer, so just sit tight.:blink:

Outlook supports this feature ("recall this email" in the actions menu) however, it's not always successful, even if the person doesn't read the email, and especially if they don't use Outlook as well.

As most people I know don't use Outlook, it's a pretty safe bet that you'll not be able to prevent them from reading it, if that's the purpose.

From what I've seen, most email programs (except outlook express, but not sure) have the feature of recalling or canceling a sent message, but both people usually need to be using the same email program.

As for webmail, I know of no way.

-Ryandor

Originally posted by Krux
I think aol supports this and only if the person u sent it to has not opened your email yet. I'm not sure if Outlook or Outlook Express support this. some one else will come along with a better answer, so just sit tight.:blink:

/me chalks up anougher mark for Aol;) :p

it does indeed alow u to do this:cool:

Henyman chalks up 1 mark for AOL, I think thats the only mark isnt it

Geffy, that would mean that AOL have a starting score of 0 or above, I'm pretty sure they're in the negative numbers score wise, so adding 1 doesn't make much difference :D

I am not completely with Ryandor.
You don't have to use the same mailclient in order to -for example- retrieve a sent mail. The mail is stored on the mailserver of whoever you sent it to and if you want to retrieve it, it depends on if the mailserver on the other end (or ISP in most cases) supports it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back