Resume: What can I improve?

Sazar: Some companies are also looking to see that one has some sort of hobby or outside life. To see that they are not getting some dead person who spends all his time working. I'll re-work it a bit to make it sounds a bit like what Perris had, but I will keep it personal. In the sense that, I love to learn and thus would be a good asset since even outside of the work place to strive to learn new things

Not suggesting that you remove interests and/or hobbies completely. Simply change some things you put down.

I don't own MS Office. Will never own it either. I don't use .doc for anything. You guys might be speaking from general experience. If a company can't accept PDF, then they lose out. I'd rather work at a different company that has working software that can parse the PDF standard, since it has been the same since it's inception (almost), .doc is changing so radically between different versions, it makes no sense to go with that.

Your perogative. Those giving the advice have had to submit their resumes for jobs (many multiple times) and this is the typical modus operandi. I am sure we're not trying to sabotage your chances buddy. Quite the opposite.

You are a bright, young individual but this is essentially a cut-throat business. I don't want to see you shoot yourself in the foot to start off with unless you have no qualms in working with whatever you get rather than what you want.

I know what I had to do for my most recent application (last week) for both appearance, networking, research AND my resume.

in the end there are two types of head hunters;

one that is looking strictly for the best qualifications...this is usually a hired head hunter

the other kind of head hunter is usually an integral part of the company and this person wants a couple of things, the most important is NOT the best qualifications it's who they want to be working with

obviously you can't have someone UNqualified, but added qualifications for a position are trumped by a persons superior personality/interests, dynamics

there are a few types of "professional" resumes...but a "template" is not going to serve someone

interests, hobbies, personality...these are important "qualifaications" for a any management position or position of growth

Made some updates, let me know what you guys think:

http://xistence.osnn.net/Resume.html

I also have a letter of recomendation from the Provost of my University, is there a way I should handle that and put it on my resume, or should I instead just attach it to the resume when I send it out to prospective companies?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back