Restricting Acces to Internet

Moonacres

OSNN Newbie
Hi Folks,

Sort of a newbie here. My question is this. I have a small network at home with 5 pc's connected and they all can see each other as well as browse the internet. However what I want to do is restrict internet access on 2 of the pc's (the kids machines) so that they will only be able to access the internet during a pre-determined time period.

I am using a D-link704P router and I am not sure ( better yet clueless) as to how to go about this. I have checked on D-Link's web site but I have not seen anything that can help ( unless I am blind).

Anyway, any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Essentially you would want to check if your router supports time control. If it does, you can enter the IP of the kid machines and set date/time information as to when surfing is not allowed.

Lemme go see if I can find a manual for that product...

Like what DJ said, you can go into your router and set time frames according to the ip of the client machines. You may have to assign a static ip to each machine to set up it right though. Above all, it is fairly easy to do.

I believe this is what you're looking for, that is if your router supports it which I think it will.

Attachments

• dlink.JPG
    dlink.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 108
OKay yes I have that screen admiral but when I input the info the pc's still have access. This is what I have inputted:

restrict.bmp

The settings listed are for 1 pc to start off. I wanted to test first before implementing it.

Again thanks to all for your help and suggestions.

Cheers

First of all you should set static IPs or at least static dhcp entries so that the computers you want to restrict dont get a different IP.

If it's just 1 computer I would put 192.168.0.123-192.168.0.123. I believe you can use * in both port range boxes to block everything.

Finally goto System>Time and make sure the time is set, I wouldn't use the automatic method.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back