Restore point question

J

jssim13

Hi, I'm new to XP and have this question for now.
Does the create restore point feature save just the registry settings or does it store other things too?

It will take a snapshot of your entire system, registry, program installations, the lot, EXCEPT your personal documents and or music or image files (pictures).

So if you did a restore.. your documents wont be replaced or deleted.. BUT it will delete or replace any URLs added to your favourites :(

If you make a restore point, install some software then go back (by restoring). The software you installed will physically be there (ie.. the folder in program files will be there, but any association, and registry entries will be gone. This is good cos if things go wrong you can wipe the folder afterwards safely.

hi

Restore points don't just restore the registry, the also restore all the other settings in windows and in all the other programs you have installed on your computer. :)

System Restore saves things like Program Files, mainly MS software, Registry, System Files, and loads of other things. The one thing that it doesn store chages of are the Documents folders.

It is always a good idea to move the My Docs folder to another partition and/or drive and to copy/backup your Favorites folder too.

And that's great if the stupid thing works. I go to use mine & it can't restore any point, not that I want to go back too far. Humbug :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back