restarted for no reason.. well maybe

A

ajsx15

ok well here is my problem. ok first of all i got a 200watt psu, ok and i got the following drives running on the system..
CD-RW
CD-Rom
20gb harddrive
Floppy drive
ok when i had those hooked up everything was fine no problems

then i added another 4.3gb harddrive, system ran fine for about 20 minutes then just restarted.
i also have 3 fans in the system currently, the cpu fan, psu fan, and another fan.. basicly i am wondering did it restart cuz there wasnt enough power to run all that on 200watts? is that why?

the 4.3gb is out now so i am going to see if it still restarts.. please post your thoughts

now that the 4.3gig secondary drive is out the problem is gone. but did it restart cuz there wasnt enough power?

Right click my computer\properties\advanced\startup & recovery\settings. In there untick automatic restart. Instead of rebooting you will get an error message which you can post here.

ok the drive is back in, that setting is unchecked, i will soon enough get the error message

ok, i unplugged one of the fans, and i just put another psu on top of my system and hooked the fan to that, i got the 4.3gig still in too, its been about 25 mins and no problems so far, i copied stuff back and forth to the drive and all seems well so far. hopefully it will last.

what is slack on a harddrive, i checked stuff on sisoft sandra and it said i have 1% slack on the 4.3gb, its been about 37mins and everything is so far fine

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back