Resource hit while burning CD in Nero.

S

SlaPPiE

Hi,

I noticed it on my old system too, but when I burn a CD in Nero my system runs terribly slow (however 200MB+ of RAM stays free). As soon as the CD has finished burning, everything runs fine again. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

EDIT - Forgot to add that this doesn't occur on the other burning progs I have.

Athlon XP 2000+ on a EPoX 83KA Mobo
512MB PC2700 Mushkin DDR
No Paging File (I had the problem with a paging file, too)
40GB WD @ 7200RPM & 60GB Maxtor @ 5400RPM
Plextor 24/10/40A Burner

all on Windows XP Pro. Thanks.

My P4 system using Roxio is the same. I just think that burning cd's are a resource hog.

And when I said it slows down, I mean it comes down to a serious crawl. If I would have any music going in Winamp, it wouldn't even be able to play.

that happened with my roomie...

make sure you have the latest winamp, i think there's version 2.80 out, he had 2.78?!? and he couldn't burn and listen to mp3s at the same time... and then make sure you have the latest drivers... i'm not sure what that particular epox board has (via or sis or amd?) the latest IDE drivers.

You might want to check and see if DMA is enabled (under control panel under system under drives). after that, everythign should work smoothly!

yeah, i have the newest Winamp, DMA is enabled, and the IDE drivers are updated.

but that's the least of my problems right now. when i redid my messy wiring the other day, i hooked the floppy power cable up backwards, and well... lets just say there was plenty of smoke. life hates me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back