Index Usage 203.32 MB
PHP 4.3.11
Attachment Usage 344.11 MB
PHP Max Post Size 8M
PHP Memory Limit 32M
Profile Picture Usage 1.07 MB
MySQL 4.1.11
MySQL Packet Size 16.00 MB

I was able to create the thread I was previously trying too... The prob does seem corrected...

I am still very very sceptical, but it does help us to find the problem.

Seems to be working great now. Although I was able to start a thread last night without any problems. :suprised:

Glad you might have it pinned down.

At first I thought this thread was about display resolution. :lick:

I hope this is the solution... Was tryin to post the FishBoy Birthday thread last night, it took 15mins. of work arounds reclick/resubmits and general cussing and yelling till it finally took.

Not sure how that could be it and it's just now desided to bork the site. Plus some of those post on vbulliten site went back to 2002. :(

Electronic Punk said:
I may have found the problem, not concrete yet tho

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123663&page=1&pp=15&highlight=duplicate+thread

Seems to indicate that the similar thread feature is spanking the servers memory, I have disabled both settings and will continue to monitor, we have tried so much that I am still sceptical but I did just manage to make a new thread so fingers crossed!
There are defintely issues with this, we have to wait and watch for some fixes in further 3.1.x releases hopefully.

Regards,

bumpage...

soooooo?

Well... any news, solutions, theories...?

Anything at all? The curiosity is killin me (no snide comments either :mad: ).

X-istence is back, perhaps he will have some more ideas.

The site in general has been much better lately, aside from the dupe error (posts anyway) I'd forgotten all about the site having problems. :)

I'm still getting ... when you click a link it takes you nowhere and the dup thread :(

Also just noticed, I'm the last person to post in this thread yet when looking at the list of 'Today's Posts' it says Xie is the last person to post in this thread :s

Jewelzz said:
Also just noticed, I'm the last person to post in this thread yet when looking at the list of 'Today's Posts' it says Xie is the last person to post in this thread :s

Yeah, when ya get the dupe problem it tends ta do that.

Perhaps worth mentioning, as it might be related, but it's not a issue related to posting. When viewing the entertainment forum last night, no issue, clicked on it, all was OK. Went to another forum (it was either the green room or hardware forum, as those were the 3 I was in then) and I clicked on the link from main menu to display index and nothing loaded. Did another 2 times, same thing.

Only thing that allowed me to display index was to right click on link from main menu and select for it to open in another browser window... Since that time, hadn't noticed the same however, so that was a rather isolated incident...

coupla days ago every edit I made went through as a new post...that hasn't happened again though

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back