resize ONLY desktop icons?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I'm trying to change the size of my Recycle Bin and My Computer icons, but I can't figure out how to do it without changing the size of all the icons in explorer. I went through the display properties, and even tried it through regedit (HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Desktop/WindowMetrics), but I can't do it. Is there a way?

Hmm... guess nobody knows? I was wondering if Resource Hacker would do this...

Nope, when you change the icon size, its universal. Meaning you cannot just change desktop icons.

The only thing I can think of that will kind of do what you want is to put yr wallpaper in photoshop and paste yr icons onto it. Then put invisible icons on your actuall desktop.

OR

Use DesktopX

i dunno if this is ti but you can go on your desktop

Right Click>Properties>Apperence(tab)>Advanced>Item scroll down to icon, should be a size there

Thanks for the suggestions. I just had the recycle bin on my desktop, and I ended up removing it so I'm icon-free now. :)

I think you can use WindowFX to change the size of just the desktop icons.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back