Resident Evil 3 and XP

T

Turdster

Can anyone give any recomendations for running Res3 on an XP system?

I start the game and the intro sequence plays. It starts to say farewell to my life and all that andthen it freezes. I have tried fiddling with the graphics settings but to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks.

P4 2.4 GHz
GF4 Ti4600
1 Gb Ram
Soundblaster 5.1
Giga-byte mobo
XP Home

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it does the same thing.

I know other people have had similar problems but I cannot find if anyone ever found a fix.

Thanks. I'm up to date on drivers, DX etc. Unless the dets make a difference. I may try an older version and see if that works.

Can't say i've had any troubles with it in XP before, using a 32mb GeForce 2 with whatever det's came to hand.
So i dont think its a problem with XP :confused:

Thanks SPeedY_B. I just can't think what else to try. I think I'll take it back only paid £5 for it but I was looking forward to giving it a go).

ive had trouble with the 41.09 freedom force doesn't work right freelancer crashes alt tabing warcraft 3 reboots my system and its done all these things on a geforce 3 and 4 (w/ and w/o a clean install of xp)

I think its the drivers if thats the version of them your using nvidia hasn't made good drivers in awhile just use the windows standard drivers and it will run fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back