Reshack Question

M

morpheus2k

In using ResHack to change my Start button text, I discovered that every possible message and text displayed in XP could be "tweaked".

In the Start Button hack, you must keep the text to 5 letters or less - if less, you must make it up with spaces.

My question is:
In the texts and messages, does this apply? If a message has exactly 15 characters/spaces, does my replacement text have to be the same?

Thanks!

Actually your start button you can make any length..it doesn't even have to have words on it. and my Start button is currently 12 letters. So as far as I know that rule does not apply :)

Originally posted by Qumahlin
Actually your start button you can make any length..it doesn't even have to have words on it. and my Start button is currently 12 letters. So as far as I know that rule does not apply :)

totally unrelated to the current post, but what does your screen name mean?

Brad

It basically a way os saying mass devastation from a language created out of a fantasy series, the language is called Cheysuli just do a google search :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back