Reshack Question

M

morpheus2k

In using ResHack to change my Start button text, I discovered that every possible message and text displayed in XP could be "tweaked".

In the Start Button hack, you must keep the text to 5 letters or less - if less, you must make it up with spaces.

My question is:
In the texts and messages, does this apply? If a message has exactly 15 characters/spaces, does my replacement text have to be the same?

Thanks!

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
Actually your start button you can make any length..it doesn't even have to have words on it. and my Start button is currently 12 letters. So as far as I know that rule does not apply :)

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Originally posted by Qumahlin
Actually your start button you can make any length..it doesn't even have to have words on it. and my Start button is currently 12 letters. So as far as I know that rule does not apply :)
totally unrelated to the current post, but what does your screen name mean?

Brad

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
It basically a way os saying mass devastation from a language created out of a fantasy series, the language is called Cheysuli just do a google search :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut