Reshack Help Please

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Resource hacking shell32.dll files - Help Please

Hi there
I know a few of you like Netryder have been using the great free tool called reshack to change icons within your dll files.
What I would like is help on making my own custom dlls from older ones.
The thing is I have some edited up shell32.dll files for example and reshack allows your to export all the custom files from it (such as icons, avis etc).
Is there a way to import these into your new, (newer version) file ? Because manually doing it one-by-one takes forever.

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I haven't ever built a whole custom shell32.dll file from scratch. I just think it's too much work.

All of the custom files that I have were hacked by other people and posted as public downloads on various forums that I visit. Unfortunately, a lot of these links are dead now.

As for your question, I'm not sure how you could go about exporting ALL your resources from an old version of a file, and reimporting them all into the new version. It might be possible...I just don't know how.

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
ahhh ok NetRyder nevermind then :) I know how to export all resources (in reshack you just go to export all) but was seeing if there was a way to automate. Thanks anyway :)

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I agree that manually doing it takes forever, because I just did one a few days ago. But I also agree with NetRyder in that it's a serious undertaking to build one from the ground up.

By the way, have you had good luck with replacing your shell32.dll? Are you using Replacer to do it? Just curious. :)

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
yeah I have had no problem replacing the system files, I am currently using a shell pack, which replaces system files like mydocs.dll as well. Shame there is no easier way to batch transfer resources :(
When I use replace I always boot into safe-mode and run it from there

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
indyjones said:
yeah I have had no problem replacing the system files, I am currently using a shell pack, which replaces system files like mydocs.dll as well. Shame there is no easier way to batch transfer resources :(
When I use replace I always boot into safe-mode and run it from there
Gotcha. Hopefully we'll see some utilities in the future that will make this all much easier. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks