Reset BIOS password ????

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
I got a mate with an epox mobo 8k7a+ fink its revision 1.1.

umm the twat who put his system together put a password on the bios..

Would shorting the reset pins under the battery reset this password ? or is he kinda stuffed.. :rolleyes:

There should be a BIOS re-set jumper on the board - will be somewhere close to the battery - try this first. If this doesn't work, try removing the battery for a while (I would suggest at laest an hour), then reinserting. One of these should do the trick.

ok thanks, I will keep bumping this up to see if any 1 deffo knows if it will work, im not visiting the guy to clock his PC till the weekend so i got a little research time..

Nigel is right.

there should be a pwd reset jumper or you have to completely unplug the computer and keep the cmos battery out and that should reset it

reset tha cmos

use a flathead, and reset the cmos, then load bios defaults. theres 2 solder points by the baterry it should say cmos by it
short em out and it should reset it. touch em both with the flathead for atlest 30 sec.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back